cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Don Shanks" <dsha...@u.washington.edu>
Subject RE: UnnamedSelector Exception at cocoon startup
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:42:14 GMT
I second the request, I am getting the same error, only on RedHat9/2.4.20, Java
1.4.1 Tomcat 4.1.24

--Don

-----Original Message-----
From: JonBeds@aol.com [mailto:JonBeds@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 9:06 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: UnnamedSelector Exception at cocoon startup

Hello,

Please can anyone help.

Having installed cocoon on Tomcat I  went to access the url:

http://locahost:8080/cocoon

and got the following exception:

type fatal

message Error in sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector
could not find the component for hint []

description org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Error in sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not
find the component for hint []

sender org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServletsource Cocoon servlet

I have reloaded this, restarted tomcat etc, but I still get the same error.

This seem crazy as it implies that the default site map for cocoon is in error.
I have looked at the java source code for 'sitemap.xmap' and it appears that the
exception is thrown when configuring the sitemap (as it is thrown in a method
called 'configure'). Furthermore, this appears to have its roots in an error
generated by the Avalon component framework.

This happens before I have done anything at all to create an application or
reconfigure Cocoon. Therefore, am i to believe that Cocoon cannot find a
selector class that is referenced in the default site map, and if so why?

I am using Cocoon version 2.04 -vm 14 running on Tomcat 4.1.24 (using JDK 1.4.2)
on Win2K.

Please help!

Jon