cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent De Groote" <vincent.degro...@encelade.be>
Subject RE: Database Reader exception
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:58:09 GMT
Fyi,

When I replace the source of DatabaseReader in cocoon-2.1 with the source of
the same class of cocoon 2.0.3, and after changes for the validity stuff,
the class works correctly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent De Groote [mailto:vincent.degroote@encelade.be]
Sent: 05 August 2003 14:09
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: Database Reader exception

I made the requested test with the daily snapshot downloaded this night
(cocoon-2.1_20030805041644), and I have the same problem (see the stack
trace below) with the sample of image upload.  The only changed parameters
are the 'enable-upload' parameter in web.xml, and the logging levels in
logkit.xconf

Each time I upload an image, a small red cross in a square (as when an image
is not available) is added at the top of the page.  So I suppose the upload
was successful, but not the download.

I'm an (old) c programmer, but new with the java language and cocoon
architecture.  As explained, the cast exception is raised when assigning the
result of manager.lookup function is assigned to ComponentSelector handle.

The returned value seems to be a ServiceSelector.  So I suppose the
exception is raised because the types does not match.

I was previously working with cocoon.2-0-3, and the functionnality worked
correctly.  The DatabaseReader class changed from 'composable' to
'serviceable'.  Is these changes not the source of the error ?

Without understanding of the architecture of cocoon, I can't solve the
problem myself.  So I hope someone can help.

Here is the trace found in sitemap.log:

DEBUG   (2003-08-05) 13:49.02:768   [sitemap]
(/samples/databases/mod-db/image/2) PoolThread-4/ExcaliburComponentSelector:
readers: ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint
[databasereader]
java.lang.ClassCastException
	at
org.apache.cocoon.reading.DatabaseReader.service(DatabaseReader.java:112)
	at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.service(ContainerUtil.ja
va:181)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(De
faultComponentFactory.java:298)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.ResourceLimitingPool.newPoolable(ResourceLi
mitingPool.java:672)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.ResourceLimitingPool.get(ResourceLimitingPo
ol.java:402)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.PoolableComponentHandler.doGet(Poolabl
eComponentHandler.java:231)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ComponentHandler.get(ComponentHandler.
java:408)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select(Exca
liburComponentSelector.java:244)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.ExtendedComponentSelector.select(ExtendedCompon
entSelector.java:303)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.ExtendedComponentSelector.select(ExtendedCompon
entSelector.java:307)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setReader(A
bstractProcessingPipeline.java:347)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline
.setReader(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:186)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ReadNode.invoke(ReadNode.
java:105)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
e(PreparableMatchNode.java:164)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
ineNode.java:164)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
linesNode.java:161)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:327)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:309)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNod
e.java:133)
[...]
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1096)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:360)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandl
er.java:294)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:558)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1714)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext
.java:507)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1664)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:775)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:939)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:792)
	at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:201)
	at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:289)
	at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:455)