cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Kyle Fenton" <jfen...@emory.edu>
Subject Cocoon, Tamino / Saxon and Xalan
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:34:45 GMT
I currently am running both  and Cocoon 2.0.4 and SAG's Tamino Passthru
Servlet under Tomcat 4.1.12 on a RH Linux 7.2 box. The Passthru Servlet
is configured to use Saxon 6.5.2 (in its own WEB-INF/lib directory) and
works fine querying the Tamino XML databases.

Tomcat was initially configured to use xalan and xerces by default (in
$TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib) , but whenever we invoked the Passthru servlet,
our Cocoon servlets suddenly decided they needed saxon available to
parse xml. We tried taking care of the issue by copying the saxon.jar
file into $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib, which almost solved the problem.
However, a search engine in one of the Cocoon servlets which makes use
of Cocoon's XSP apparently is only compatible with xalan, though, not
saxon.

Has anyone gotten XSP to work with Saxon 6.5.2?

Kyle Fenton
Systems Administration
Woodruff Library
Emory University