cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: HTML serializer to output php?
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:00:12 GMT
Sully

Try:

<xsl:processing-instruction name="php">
  <xsl:text>echo "Foxtrot Golf";</xsl:text>
</xsl:processing-instruction>

Should give you:

<?php echo "Foxtrot Golf";?>

Derek

(PS I am reasonably sure you do not need a new
serializer; I know programmers like to make things
complex ... but XLST can do a lot for you - its designed
to be able to change <tagX> into <tagY> with a minimum
of fuss...)

>>> stinkyelf@yahoo.com 11/07/2003 03:36:41 >>>
Hi Derek,

thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

I really should have specified, I'm using XSLT.

any thoughts why the following is ignored (or at least
nothing is returned), when I transform? it I have
tried serializing as text, xhtml, html and xml.

<xsl:processing-instruction name="php">
echo "Hello World";
</xsl:processing-instruction>

Can anyone provide a guide or at least some point of
reference for writing a serializer? I'm thinking to
create a dynamic page serializer which can change
<dynamic> tags into <?, <% or whatever else someone
wants to change them to...

Thanks
Sully

--- Derek Hohls <DHohls@csir.co.za> wrote:
> Sully
>
> What method are you using to generate your HTML -
> XSP or XSLT?
>
> In XSLT you can use the <xsl:processing-instruction>
> to create the <?php  ... ?> tag.
>
> Derek

believed to be clean.