cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Simmerman" <...@tempeststrings.com>
Subject Contribution: FilePartGenerator & HSSFFilePartGenerator (followup)
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:21:32 GMT
This is a followup to my previous post concerning my Cocoon contribution at
http://www.tempeststrings.com/cocoon/index.shtml.

my original contribution into the single FilePartGenerator class, which will
accept a MultiPartPosted XML file for Generation.

Also, David Gilbert, the author of JWorkbook has graciously agreed to
release version 0.3.0 of his library/code under an Apache compatible
license. It's available at
http://www.tempeststrings.com/jworkbook/index.shtml.

Therefore, I can now also submit my HSSFFilePartGenerator, which will accept
a MultiPartPosted MS Excel file for Generation (JWorkbook is used to convert
the Excel file to Gnumeric/XML prior to Generation).

Used together, these two Generators will allow Cocoon to convert back and
forth between MS Excel & GnumericXML, effectively allowing it to serve as an
Import/Export tool for MS Excel.
I've made my source available along with a test page here
http://www.tempeststrings.com/cocoon/tse-cocoon-2.0.4-src.zip

Per Reinhard Potz's advice, I will submit these enhancements to
http://nagoya.apache.org/.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,
-Eric Simmerman