cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Schwarz" <saschw...@hotmail.com>
Subject Redirecting uploaded file content into existing pipelines?
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:34:25 GMT
Hi
I'm new to Cocoon and have read the two books; and the upload Wiki
pages...but can't quite get my head around how to solve this problem (I'm
using Cocoon 2.0 under 4.2 Tomcat)

I'd like to allow users to:
1. Upload an xml file
2. Validate it via XSD
3. Save it into my directory tree
4. process it using a number of transforms
5. serialize the transformed doc to the uploading client

So far I've got my config setup to handle uploads.
I (think I) can write an Action that validates the xml to my XSDschema via
Xerces and returns an error page if it fails.
I can use the FileUploadAction from Cocoon Developer's Handbook to copy the
file into my directory tree .
I also have a pipeline defined for generating/transforming/serializing valid
XML files when they are requested directly by a client from within my
directory tree.

What I can't figure out is how do I kick off my existing pipeline at the end
of the two actions? This seems so basic but all the upload stuff I've seen
doesn't re-SAX-ify the uploaded doc and process it (they all use parameters
only of the request in the response to the client; not a transformation of
the content of the actual file itself).

Is there a generator that I can apply right after the copy action that will
SAX-ify the just copied file so I can use standard pipeline
transforms/serializers?

Can I do something like use redirect after the actions and give it the
directory/filename of where I moved the uploaded file in order to have the
standard pipeline be applied? If someone has a pseudo pipeline for this I'd
really appreciate it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Steve Schwarz