cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Tsui, Alban" <Alban.T...@COGNOS.com>
Subject native encoding for xsp page output
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:12:32 GMT
Hi

I have posted a question on setting up html serializer with native encoding
and I think I kind of understand that part.

Within the xsp page, do I need to do something special to ensure such
encoding or will the serializer can handle it automatically? I mean if I
have a string coming back from my database as UTF-8. For that java string,
do I need to explicitly convert it into shift-jis say if I am using
japanese?

Do I also need to specificly specify the encoding within the xsp "xml" file?

AT

Join us at Cognos' biggest event of the year Enterprise 2003, The Cognos
Business Forum.  Taking place in over 25 cities around the world, it's an
opportunity for Business and IT leaders to learn about strategies for
driving performance. Visit http://www.cognos.com/enterprise03 for more
details.