cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steven Kurzman <ste...@stevenkurzman.com>
Subject Re: Command Line Interface
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2003 08:35:29 GMT
Upayavira,
I think I'm getting closer ;).  As you suggested, I downloaded Cocoon from
CVS.  I figured I'd start just by seeing if I could generate the
webapp/welcome.xml page so I did

./cocoon.sh cli -x cli.xconf build/webapp/welcome.xml

I got "ERROR: Unexpected children of <logging> node" and then "Cannot find
CatalogManager.properties", though it did seem to load
WEB-INF/entities/catalog.

The brokenlinks.xml file contained "<link message="UnnamedSelector:
ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint [request] (key
[request])">build/webapp/welcome.xml</link>".  Does this refer to
webapp/sitemap.xmap?

Here is my cli.xconf file below.  Thank you for any corrections you (or
anyone experienced with the CLI) can offer.

Steve

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!--+
    |  This is the Apache Cocoon command line configuration file.
    |  Here you give the command line interface details of where
    |  to find various aspects of your Cocoon installation.
    |
    |  If you wish, you can also use this file to specify the URIs
    |  that you wish to generate.
    |
    |  The current configuration information in this file is for
    |  building the Cocoon documentation. Therefore, all links here
    |  are relative to the build context dir, which, in the build.xml
    |  file, is set to ${build.context}

    |    verbose:            increase amount of information presented
    |                        to standard output (default: false)
    |    follow-links:       whether linked pages should also be
    |                        generated (default: true)
    |    precompile-only:    precompile sitemaps and XSP pages, but
    |                        do not generate any pages (default: false)
    |    confirm-extensions: check the mime type for the generated page
    |                        and adjust filename and links extensions
    |                        to match the mime type
    |                        (e.g. text/html->.html)
    |
    | CVS: $Id: cli.xconf,v 1.3 2003/06/07 23:13:35 vgritsenko Exp $
    +-->

<cocoon verbose="true"
        follow-links="true"
        precompile-only="false"
        confirm-extensions="false">

   <!--+
       | Broken link reporting options:
       |   Report into a text file, one link per line:
       |     <broken-links type="text" report="filename"/>
       |   Report into an XML file:
       |     <broken-links type="xml" report="filename"/>
       |   Ignore broken links (default):
       |     <broken-links type="none"/>
       |   When a page includes an error, should a page be generated?
       |
       |   Two attributes to this node specify whether a page should
       |   be generated when an error occured. 'generate' specifies
       |   whether a page should be generated (default: true) and
       |   extension specifies an extension that should be appended
       |   to the generated page's filename (default: none)
       |     <broken-links generate="true" extension=".error.txt"/>

       +-->
   <broken-links type="xml"
                 file="build/webapp/temp/brokenlinks.xml"
                 generate="false"
                 extension=".error"/>

   <!--+
       |  Load classes at startup. This is necessary for generating
       |  from sites that use SQL databases and JDBC.
       |  The <load-class> element can be repeated if multiple classes
       |  are needed.
       +-->
   <!--
   <load-class>org.firebirdsql.jdbc.Driver</load-class>
   -->

   <!--+

       +-->
   <logging log-kit="build/webapp/WEB-INF/logkit.xconf" logger="cli"
level="ERROR" />

   <!--+
       |  The context directory is usually the webapp directory
       |  containing the sitemap.xmap file.
       |
       |  The config file is the cocoon.xconf file.
       |
       |  The work directory is used by Cocoon to store temporary
       |  files and cache files.
       |
       |  The destination directory is where generated pages will
       |  be written (assuming the 'simple' mapper is used)
       +-->
   <context-dir>build/webapp</context-dir>
   <config-file>build/webapp/docs/cocoon.xconf</config-file>
   <work-dir>build/webapp/temp</work-dir>
   <dest-dir>build/webapp/done</dest-dir>

   <!--+
       | Specifies the filename to be appended to URIs that
       | refer to a directory (i.e. end with a forward slash).
       +-->
   <default-filename>index.html</default-filename>

   <!--+
       |  Specifies a user agent string to the sitemap when
       |  generating the site.
       +-->
   <!--
   <user-agent>xxx</user-agent>
   -->

   <!--+
       |  Specifies an accept string to the sitemap when generating
       |  the site.
       +-->
   <accept>*/*</accept>

   <!--+
       |  Specifies the URIs that should be generated (using <uri>
       |  elements, and (if necessary) what should be done with the
       |  generated pages.
       |
       |  The old behaviour - appends uri to the specified destination
       |  directory (as specified in <dest-dir>):
       |
       |   <uri>documents/index.html</uri>
       |
       |  Append: append the generated page's URI to the end of the
       |  source URI:
       |
       |   <uri type="append" src-prefix="documents/" src="index.html"
       |   dest="build/dest/"/>
       |
       |  Replace: Completely ignore the generated page's URI - just
       |  use the destination URI:
       |
       |   <uri type="replace" src-prefix="documents/" src="index.html"
       |   dest="build/dest/docs.html"/>
       |
       |  Insert: Insert generated page's URI into the destination
       |  URI at the point marked with a * (example uses fictional
       |  zip protocol)
       |
       |   <uri type="insert" src-prefix="documents/" src="index.html"
       |   dest="zip://*.zip/page.html"/>

       +-->
   <uri>build/webapp/welcome.xml</uri>

   <!--+
       |  File containing URIs (plain text, one per
       |  line).
       +-->
   <!--
   <uri-file></uri-file>