cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steven Kurzman <ste...@stevenkurzman.com>
Subject Re: Command Line Interface
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:44:54 GMT
Hello Joerg,
Thank you for your response and help.  I got the cocoon-2.1_20030718045249
CVS and built it.  But I am still having problems...

I do ./cocoon.sh cli -x cli.xconf (I had mistyped this as -x cocoon.xconf in
my previous email)

Now, after the .jars load, I get this error, "ERROR: Unexpected children of
<logging> node", followed by

FATAL_E 2003-07-18 09:54:59.335 [        ] (): Please, specify at least one
starting URI.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at Loader.invokeMain(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.run(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Please, specify at least
one starting URI.
        at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.initialize(CocoonBean.java:179)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:374)
        ... 7 more

So I try specifying a URI on the command line by doing ./cocoon.sh cli
build/webapp/test/samples.xml -x cli.xconf

After the .jars load, I now get this error, "ERROR: Unexpected children of
<logging> node" with the following

Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
server.properties not found, using command line or default properties
Opening database: /Users/steven/Library/Cocoon/WEB-INF/db/cocoondb
HSQLDB server 1.7.1 is running
Use SHUTDOWN to close normally. Use [Ctrl]+[C] to abort abruptly
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at Loader.invokeMain(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.run(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.main(Unknown Source)
javax/servlet/http/HttpSessionBindingListener
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:250)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:250)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.configure(E
xcaliburComponentSelector.java:404)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.configure(ContainerUtil.
java:239)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(De
faultComponentFactory.java:315)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(
ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:141)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize(E
xcaliburComponentManager.java:554)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.initialize(CocoonCompone
ntManager.java:530)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil
.java:282)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:321)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil
.java:282)
        at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.initialize(CocoonBean.java:237)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:374)
        ... 7 more
Fri Jul 18 09:50:54 PDT 2003 Listening for connections ...

I tend to assume the problem is with me because I am a newbie, but I believe
I have the settings correct in my cli.xconf file (perhaps I should post
it?).  Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Thank you,
Steve