cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Yan, Charlene" <Charlene....@thomsonlearning.com>
Subject RE: Form encoding problem in cocoon 2.0.4
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 14:32:48 GMT
Joerg,

My case was that I called cocoon from another web application.  I had to set the encoding
of the calling html page to ISO-8859-1.  Now I'm using a htnl page generated by Cocoon.  The
default meta tag is <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">.
 How or where can I change it to ISO-8859-1 from UTF-8?  I've changed the encoding of form.xml,
simple-page3html.xsl and sitemap.xmap to ISO-8859-1.  It didn't help.  What is the source
code that sets the meta tag?  More specifically, I'm using Cocoon 2.1 M2.  you can go to http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/mail/sendmail/new.html.
 On this page, the meta is set to UTF-8.  I need to have it changed to ISO-8859-1 to have
some accented characters encoded correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Charlene

-----Original Message-----
From: Joerg Heinicke [mailto:joerg.heinicke@gmx.de]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 1:42 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Form encoding problem in cocoon 2.0.4

Sorry, but: please don't do this!!

Even if ISO-8859-1 is the correct encoding, you shall not add the <META>
tag by hand. The serializer does it for you. So you will simply set the
serializer's encoding to ISO-8859-1.

But UTF-8 is a super set of ISO-8859-1, so there should be no problem
when using it. The working "text" inputs show this. Now "file" inputs:
Why do they depend on the form encoding? Shouldn't they simply allow to
upload a file? Am I missing something?

Joerg

Yan, Charlene wrote:
> I had encoding problems with accented characters too.  Put <META http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> in your html.  iso-8859-1 is the correct one.