cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Pat Kelley <pkel...@sosstaffing.com>
Subject RE: pdf xform failing when xsp dataset too large
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:58:17 GMT
Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.

Pat Kelley
Database Administrator
Phone: (801) 257-5704
Fax:  (810) 366-5702

-----Original Message-----
From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:j3322ptm@yahoo.de]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 10:52 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: pdf xform failing when xsp dataset too large

Pat Kelley wrote:
> I have adjusted the memory with no luck. I have bumped the memory up to
500M
> with no change in behavior. I am using the grouping functions from 2.0 (
> for-each-group ). I am beginning to suspect it is a problem with
> that.

Recommended procedure:
- If your source XML and XSL are files and there are no
   parameters, run it through the FOP command line and see what
   happens.
- If the source XML is not a file, or there are parametrizations
   or whatever, replace the pdfserializer with an XML serializer
   and download the FO to a file. Have a look at it to see whether
   it is plausible, then run it through the FOP command line and
   see what happens.
- If you can't get the FO into a file, well, bother someone
   else :-)

Shouldn't this be in some Cocoon documentation or the Wiki or
whatever? something like this is useful for nearly every complex
pipeline (Keyword: complexity reduction).

J.Pietschmann