cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <Conal.Tu...@vuw.ac.nz>
Subject RE: dynamic node selection
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 00:55:05 GMT
Adam there's no "dynamic" xpath expression evaluation in XSLT - you'll probably want to find
some other way to identify the nodes you want to deal with since writing a generic xpath evaluator
in XSLT is not going to be easy. It would be feasible though to parse some standard type of
expressions rather than any arbitrary xpath. e.g. if you could ensure that all the xpaths
were like: "foo[1]/blah[2]" - but this may not be feasible since you say you don't know the
possible values that your xpath expression may have? Where do they come from?

Con