cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr>
Subject Re: How to debug COCOON with ECLIPSE and TOMCAT?
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:11:50 GMT
Hi,

At 18:14 27/07/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>  Lionel Crine :
>
>   sorry for the first email containing some wrong spellings!
>   Here is revised one.
>
>   I read the thread of "how to How to debug COCOON with ECLIPSE and
> TOMCAT? " posted on cocoon-users mail list. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns
> = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
>
>  I had two questions regarding your instructions.
>

>  The first question: How to do create a tomcat project then pointing to
> cocoon root directory ?

Point to the cocoon directory. After creating the project see the project
properties-->Tomcat and check if the context name is right directory.
In my case, I have created the project from an existing cocoon project
pointing to the existing. But you can create a "cocoon" project from an
existing one pointing a new in the workspace directory of eclipse.

>  The second question:  How to get rid of message ( Build Path entry is
> missing : TOMCAT_HOME) displayed in project  java build path?

You can't, this is an error that I can't remove. But It's not annoying to
use eclipse.

>  What I did was deleting TOM_CAT related entries in Libraries tab of java
> build path. After I proceed above deleting, " java build path " replaced
> the message of  "Build Path entry is missing : TOMCAT_HOME"
>

>  Here was your instruction :
>

>"11/java Build Path->source : be sure WEB-INF/classes of your project is here
> >12/java Build Path->libraries : add the cocoon libraries (.jar) and yours.
> >Do pay attention of the message : Build Path entry is missing : TOMCAT_HOME"

You mean't DON'T pay attention.

>Thanks
>

>Ming Qin

Hope that help.