cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Embedded html in xml tags converting to pdf
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:41:03 GMT
Tim Bachta wrote:
> Here is the xml that my xsp page creates
>
> - <task>
>   <task-name>Change Bottles</task-name>
>   <message-type>Amendment</message-type>
>   <message-text>null<P toUpdate="1"><STRONG>Note</STRONG>:</P>
<P>This
> is a test note.&nbsp; It links to <A
> href="http://www.kopent.com/vyzo">http://www.kopent.com/vyzo</A></P>
> <P>&nbsp;</P></message-text>
>   <message-date>2003-07-15 16:16</message-date>
>   <author>Admin,Vyzo</author>
>   </task>

Did you get this by using a pipeline like
   <map:match ... >
     <map:generate (your xsp)/>
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:match>
i.e. directly dumping the XML produced by the XSP to the client?

Do you get the content of message-text as a string from a DB or what?

> In my pdf file the html tags are published through like plain text.

Does it appear as
  <STRONG>Note</STRONG>
or as
  Note
in the output?
Do you have templates matching message-text or P?

> would like to do is to transform the html to the appropriate FO
> construct.  I have tried to add more template matches like this:

Do you have an
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
in your template matching the P element, or do you use xsl:value-of
there?

J.Pietschmann