cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: <map:serialize type="{1}"/>
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:13:12 GMT
Marc Portier wrote:
> I think Resources might do it as well,
> matter off taste what you'll prefer probably...
>
> <map:resource name="serialize-typeX">
>   <serialize type="typeX"/>
> </map:resource>
>
> # and more for each type...
>

> and then have <map:call resource="serialize-{1}" /> in your pipe

Ah, nice idea I didn't think of.

> see for more at
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CleanerSiteMapsThroughResources

Hmm, much of the code on this page is wrong or at least misleading:

<map:resource name="generate-data-xml">
   <map:generate type="myCSVGenerator"
src="http://csv-server.domain/getData"/>
</map:resource>

<map:resource name="generate-data-svg">
   <map:call resource="generate-data-xml"/>
   <map:transform src="xsl/datafilter.xsl"/>
   <map:transform src="xsl/data2svg.xsl"/>
</map:resource>

A <map:call resource=""/> is a one way ticket. The processing does not
return to the calling pipeline. Or do I miss anything?

Joerg