cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to redirect XSL output to more than one file?
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2003 13:11:56 GMT
Hello Marco,

I can't recommend to transform big documents like you DocBook book with
huge stylesheets like DocBook XSL. The transformation will take too much
time for a user.

But it's not impossible. You can for example use the chunk.xsl in the
DocBook XSL for chunking a document in different HTML files (It uses
Xalan redirect extension for output in different files). If a user
requests one of those pages, you can test if it exists
(ResourceExistsAction) and if not transform it before.

But the best would be to transform it on the commandline (independent of
Cocoon) and deliver them as they are.