cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: dynamic "encoding" for html serialiser?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:37:15 GMT
Yury Mikhienko wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:25:56 -0400
> Geoff Howard <cocoon@leverageweb.com> wrote:
>

>>Yury Mikhienko wrote:

>>>Yes, you are right, but implementation of  the  setup() method make serialize
step more flexible.

>>It was decided to purposely deny that flexibility.  You should be able
>>achieve anything you need to with matchers and selectors.
>>

> Ok, you set the rules. ;))

Well, it wasn't "me" but "we" (before I was part of "we" incidentally)
but i do think I get the logic.

However "we" (including you) set the rules, so if you think you have a
good case for adding this feature, don't be afraid to bring it up on
dev@cocoon.apache.org.  First, search the archives to see if you can
find and understand the original reasoning (if not ask on dev).  Then,
explain your use and ask for opinions about whether this should
challenge the original decision.  Only be ready to accept alternative
solutions which preserve other important architectural protections.

Geoff