cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: mysterious error generating pdf file
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:33:59 GMT
nico wrote:
> ERROR   (2003-07-10) 15:41.01:031   [core.manager.fop]
> (/cocoon/mywebapp/report.pdf) PoolThread-2/PageSequence: Page
> subsequences exhausted. Using previous subsequence.
>
> ERROR   (2003-07-10) 15:41.01:032   [core.manager.fop]
> (/cocoon/mywebapp/report.pdf) PoolThread-2/MessageHandler: Unknown
> enumerated value for property 'border-bottom-style': black
..
 > 4. before sending the fo xml stream to the fo2pdf serializer, i viewed
 > the xml and it is valid, and contained no invalid data
 >     or characters.
Well, it's not quite valid, as the log entries indicate. However, they
should not cause an invalid PDF.

> 1. does anyone know of any bugs with the fop2pdf serializer (such as
> memory leaks ) that would corrupt or damage
>     a pdf file after several download/generation attempts?

FOP has sort of memory leaks, but I'm not aware of leaks causing
PDF damage.

> 2. does anyone know if upgrading to cocoon2.1 would help with this problem?
Unlikely.

Could you try:
- reproduce the problem with another browser on Windows XP, like
  Mozilla
- eliminate images and custom fonts and check whether the problem
  persists
- if so, and if there are no confidential data, open a FOP bug and
  append the FO file

J.Pietschmann