cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Installing Cocoon 2.1m3 on Tomcat 4.1.24
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:03:26 GMT
mathias.wiegard@student.uni-ulm.de wrote:
> I built the war with "build war" copied it to tomcat/webapps and also copied the
> endorsed-folder into the one of tomcat. When I'm trying to access the cocoon
> servlet, my webbrowser shows following error:
>
> Initialization Problem

> cause
>
> Directory
> '/Library/Tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/cache-dir/' is
> not readable/writable

> What's wrong?!?
> Thanks in advance for every help!
> Mat

That directory and several others like them are created by cocoon to do
its work.  You apparently have some permissions problem, which could be
caused by a number of scenarios.  If you can, you may just need to make
sure you give the user running tomcat sufficient privileges on the work
directory (like with chown -R).  Alternatively, you can change the
directories Cocoon uses in web.xml and cocoon.xconf.

Geoff Howard