cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Billard <obill...@rennes.jouve.fr>
Subject Re: ChartTransformer, endorsed libs, Tomcat
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:32:08 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Is this problem still an issue? Or are all your problems solved with
> the other thread?

Unfortunately not...
When I copy endorsed libs to tomcat from those shipped with Cocoon M3,
my page is blank... Some pipelines are working, but other aren't...
Especially a pipeline taking
a session parameter. But this one is working with my local tomcat, with
the same libs in the endorsed folder.

The webapps are strictly the sames in the 2 PCs.
Am I going crazy ?

> Olivier Billard wrote:
>
>> Hi all !
>>
>> I'm trying to port my project based on Cocoon M3 from
>> Window/JDK1.4.1/Embedded Jetty to Linux/JDK 1.4.1/Apache
>> 2.0.46/Tomcat 4.1.24
>> I'm having some problems I didn't have with Jetty, concerning the
>> ChartTransformer. All seems to work fine.
>>
>> I'm using the default xsltc transformer. Tomcat has the following
>> libs in common/endorsed :
>> xalan-2.4.1.jar  xercesImpl-2.1.0.jar  xml-apis.jar  xsltc-20030211.jar
>

> If you put those to Tomcat you should use the same libs in Cocoon. The
> endorsed libs and the libs used in Cocoon should always be the same.
> Otherwise there is the risk of getting ClassCastExceptions or strange
> messages.

I didn't take this into account. Thanks. But it seem to work, and only
in this case...

>> The new libs from M3 don't seem to works, neither with no libs...
>>
>> Is there still some problems with the endorsed libs with this version
>> of tomcat ?
>

> This problem will remain until the XML libs are removed from JDK - and
> I guess this will never happen. And not only with Tomcat but all
> environments processing XML.

Gasp...

>> Must I copy the endorsed libs in an endorsed folder of the JDK ?
>
> No. Setting the java.endorsed.dirs property is enough. And exactly
> this Tomcat is doing in its start scripts.

Ok.
The app on the server is going to be tested, so I'll try to investigate
on this issue after tests.

Thanks anyway, Joerg !

--
Olivier