cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vitor Rui Moreira <...@biodata.pt>
Subject Re: Form encoding problem in cocoon 2.0.4
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 17:59:28 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Sorry, but: please don't do this!!
>
> Even if ISO-8859-1 is the correct encoding, you shall not add the
> <META> tag by hand. The serializer does it for you. So you will simply
> set the serializer's encoding to ISO-8859-1.

Yeap, i agree with you. My serializers are configured to use UTF-8 encoding.

> But UTF-8 is a super set of ISO-8859-1, so there should be no problem
> when using it. The working "text" inputs show this. Now "file" inputs:
> Why do they depend on the form encoding? Shouldn't they simply allow
> to upload a file? Am I missing something?

Ok, if i understood your point of view: i'm not having problems with
file contents but with filename... File contents are 100% correct!
I had an action which do some operations on the uploaded file but to
debug this issue, i've removed it from the sitemap, passing directly the
parameters to the other page.

> Joerg

Vitor Moreira