cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: problem with WebServiceProxyGenerator
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:45:32 GMT
Hübner, Stefan wrote:
> Hello out there,
>
> I'm developing a webapp with cocoon-2.1m2 and want to use the wsproxy. but wsproxy doesn't
work, instead it throws an IllegalArgumentException "host parameter is null". the configuration
is quite simple and should be correct - as far as the documentation is up to date.

> <map:generator name="wsproxy" logger="webapp.wsproxy" pool-grow="2" pool-max="16"
pool-min="2" src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.WebServiceProxyGenerator"/>

[snip/]

> so, what's going wrong here? i would be glad, if anybody could give an answer.

Well, Looking at the source to commons-httpclient at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/xref/org/apache/commons/httpclient/HttpConnection.html,

it looks like the 'host' which is being passed to the constructor is null.  Obviously, it's
very
strange this is happening.  I'll try to dig into the WSPG code today and see if I find anything...

Does anybody know if commons-httpclient has changed recently?

Tony