cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lincoln Hochberg <lincwh_coc...@yahoo.com>
Subject getting an xml fragment from the database
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:56:18 GMT
Hi all, I'm using:

Tomcate 4.1.24
Cocoon 2.0.4
MySql 4.0.13
MySql JDBC Connector 3.0.8

I have an xsp that selects from the database some xml
from a column of type TEXT.  I'm trying to use cocoon
on the command line to get the xml output.  I don't
use a transform and just have my serializer output xml
for the moment.

I'm using esql to try and get the xml.  However when I
use the tag <esql:get-xml column="description"/> to
get my xml I always get the following error unless the
content of that column is just text (no xml tags):

ERROR   2003-07-29 22:56:42.332 [sitemap.] (): Could
not include pageorg.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content
is not allowed in prolog.

That is, if my description column contains

    hello

then I'm fine, but if it contains

    <text>hello</text>

than it blows up with the above error.