cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ming cocoon <cocoonm...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to debug COCOON with ECLIPSE and TOMCAT?
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:14:53 GMT
 Lionel Crine :

  sorry for the first email containing some wrong spellings!
  Here is revised one.

  I read the thread of "how to How to debug COCOON with ECLIPSE and TOMCAT? " posted on cocoon-users
mail list.

 I had two questions regarding your instructions.

 The first question: How to do create a tomcat project then pointing to cocoon root directory
?

   I installed tomcat plug in 2.1  (sysdeo) with my eclipse 2.1. Here is view of my tomcat
project( cocoon)  in Eclipse's Package Explore

     cocoon

            |_+JRE System Library[j2re1.4.2]

            |_+Tomcat_home/common/lib/servlet.jar

            |_+Tomcat_home/common/lib/jasper-runtime.jar

            |_WEB-INF/src

            |_work

            |        |

            |        |_org.apache.jsp

            |_WEB-INF

                     |_classes

                     |_lib

                     |_src

 Should I point cocoon root directory to  this folder src fold which resides in

         cocoon

           |_WEB-INF

                     |_classes

                     |_lib

                     |_src

 Or I need to create a new folder?

Your instruction :

" don't forget to create a tomcat project pointing to your cocoon root directory. "

 The second question:  How to get rid of message ( Build Path entry is missing : TOMCAT_HOME)
displayed in project  java build path?

 What I did was deleting TOM_CAT related entries in Libraries tab of java build path. After
I proceed above deleting, " java build path " replaced the message of  "Build Path entry is
missing : TOMCAT_HOME"

 Here was your instruction :

"11/java Build Path->source : be sure WEB-INF/classes of your project is here
>12/java Build Path->libraries : add the cocoon libraries (.jar) and yours.
>Do pay attention of the message : Build Path entry is missing : TOMCAT_HOME"

Thanks

Ming Qin

Bellow is original messages in thread of how to debug cocoon with eclipse and tomcat