cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Adam Flegman <adam_fleg...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: dynamic node selection
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 00:17:47 GMT
> Well, if you have your xpath in $targetnode, wouldn't it simply be:
>
> <xsl:apply-templates select="$targetnode"/>    ?
>
> or
>
> <xsl:for-each select="$targetnode">
>     <xsl:apply-templates/>
> </xsl:for-each>
>
> To go along with your code.   I haven't done XSLT in a while, so I'm a
> little rusty.

Hi Tony,

The value of $targetNode is some arbitrary string value that (hopefully) looks
like an xml node path. At design time I dont know all the possible values that
the $targetNode string may have.

I have tried to use the <xsl:for-each select="$targetNode"> approach but it
seems that the 'select' part doesnt like using a string parameter. I get the
following error report from cocoon:

Exception in creating Transform Handler

More precisely:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in creating Transform Handler:
java.lang.NullPointerException

If I could find a way to take the string value of $targetNode and actually
select the corresponding nodes then I think the problem is solved.

Ad.

=====
Adam Flegman - Senior Software Engineer

Mobile:     (0414) 375 735