cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Reading all XML-files of one folder
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:49:04 GMT
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:37:47 +0200, "Bruno PIERRE"
<brunopierre4@yahoo.fr> said:
> You can use an xsl transform
>
> and the function document()
>
> you wil have a stuff like
>
> <xsl:for-each select="dir:file">
>     <xsl:copy-of select="document(@name)//title"/>
> </xsl:for-each>

You can, but this is not advised, as it breaks the Cocoon caching system.
The document() function therefore shouldn't be used in sites that make
use of Cocoon's caching functionality (which is switched on by default).
Instead xinclude or cinclude transformers should be used (or the
XPathDirectoryGenerator), all of which work with the caching system (that
doesn't mean that they will necessarily be cached, just that the caching
system will know whether or not they have).

Regards, Upayavira