cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Reading all XML-files of one folder
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:27:35 GMT
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:16:40 +0200, "Mathias Wiegard"
<Mathias.Wiegard@student.uni-ulm.de> said:
> Hi,
> I want to make something like the users' manual of cocoon. If You know
> its
> sitemap then you will also know the system with book.xml.
> Instead of using such a file I want to generate my menu items dynamically
> by
> the articles (xml files) in the accordant folder, e.g. by getting a
> "title"-XML-Element of each file in the folder.
> Have someone done something like that or an idea how this could be done
> in
> an easy and effective way?

That was the way I started building sites in Cocoon. You can use the
XPathDirectoryGenerator to extract specific nodes from files in a
specific directory.

However, I found that approach to be far too complicated to manage, and
in the end opted for a separate 'linkmap', or book.xml file, which has
allowed my sites to grow more significantly than the previous approach
would have allowed (e.g. dynamically building links to hierarchically
organised pages across different levels of the hierarchy, and in
different file folders).

Hope that helps.

Upayavira