cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steven Cummings <steven...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [2.1m3] [Authentication-fw] AuthenticationManager not found
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:29:27 GMT
Antonio,

Thanks for the response.

Actually any page shows the error, because the authentication framework
protects most everything in my webapp except the login page itself. So it is
showing the error on the first request because there is no authentication
manager (it is simply not being initialized on its own) to check with for a new
session. That's really about as specific as I can be, given that it is not a
specific pipeline's problem. I'm not using any XSPs at all.

What is this change that you mentioned which I could fix in the M3 version?
Thanks.

/S

--- Antonio Gallardo <agallardo@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> wrote:
> Hi Steven:
>
> Can you be a little more explicitely? What type of page is having the error?
> What about the sitemap?
> Are you using some custom actions with authentication fw?
>
> I want to know the tranformers or XSP page are you using to it.
>
> Efectively there is a change between versions. Carsten made some
> improvements that broken the old code. Of course to fix it only is needed
> a simple changes.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo.
>
> Steven Cummings dijo:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've upgraded to milestone 3 and when I try to access my web application
> > I'm getting an error that a component could not be found (with key
> > "org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.AuthenticationManager").
> > Surely enough, it is not in cocoon.xconf. But then, it wasn't there
> > previously either, so how was it that one was automatically instantiated
> > in 2.1m2. The configuration was just an empty "authentication-manager"
> > element (both tags, no content). Is there a problem or do I now have to
> > configure one on my own.
> >
> > I found

org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.DefaultAuthenticationManager,