cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Woody Related Questions
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:45:14 GMT
On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 14:54, Eric Gulatee wrote:
<snip/>
> But I was hoping that I could use the widgets to
> create a ValidationError but this is all hidden as you
> say yet once you do this custom validation you need to
> be able to select a widget and add a custom error
> message.

yep, this is something that will be added in the (not-too-far-away)
future.

<snip/>

> Yeah, I looked into trying to define a custom
> validation rule that hooks into your own code for
> validation.  But I haven't done this yet.

Well it is not really possible today since you don't have access to the
formcontext from the validation rules. But I think the earlier approach
(enabling setting validation errors on the widgets) is better anyway.

> >>     Secondly what happens if you have two woody
> forms
> >> on the same page?  When I started I had a login
> form
> >> on my left menu and the user could also register in
> >> the center pane and when submitting both forms
> would
> >> try to validate...
>
> >I don't understand your question. Are you describing
> >a problem or is
> >this something you'd like to do?
>

> This is a program I encountered,  say I have a login
> form on the leftmenu and the users select registration
> from the menu which displays in the center pane
> [keeping the left menu there with the login form] well
> once the user click on Register then both forms are
> validated!

If they are both validated then that's likely because your action calls
the process method on both forms.