cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject Re: How to trim whitespace?
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2003 08:25:54 GMT
Sonny Sukumar wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Does anyone know how to trim out all unnecessary whitespace on HTML and
> XML docs coming out of Cocoon pipelines before sending them to the
> browser?  I'd like to save some bandwidth costs where I can. :-)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sonny

to get rid of indentation (blanks and whitespace at the beginning of
lines) in your HTML, setup your html serialier with the "indent" element
set to "no".

Anyway, if your want a real performance improvement, instruct your
webserver to compress the response (both IIS and Apache have this
capability, and most browsers support it).

Regards,

                Luca Morandini
                GIS Consultant
               lmorandini@ieee.org