cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using pipeline matched parameters in XSP
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 20:26:20 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 5/06/2003 19:20 Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> I don't know if the util logicsheet works for this
>> kind of parameters, you could try it:
>>
>> <xsp-util:get-sitemap-parameter name="1" />
>>
>> But I wouldn't recommend this solution, even if it works.
>
> Why that? Just curious - since I added that tag.

Of course the get-sitemap-parameter tag itself is very useful.
But when using the wildcard number as parameter key, the XSP
depends on the match pattern - I could imagine that is hard
to debug for someone who changes the pattern without being
familiar with the XSP.

OK, maybe it's just my personal perference that I usually want
to see from outside which parameters are used by a component.

Sorry if you felt offended - it was not against your tag but
against its misuse :)

Andreas