cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: internal pipeline
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 10:23:22 GMT
Ali Mesbah wrote:

[...]

>>You can try to set the log level to DEBUG and look at the sitemap
>>log to see if the correct steps are executed.
>
> No. There is a major difference between the log information when the "xms/test"
> pipeline is called directly and when it is called by the second pipeline through
> the Cocoon: protocol.
> I even added a LOG Transformer after the first pipeline; when using Cocoon:
> protocol, this log file remains empty:
> ([setup] ---------------------------- [Thu Jun 05 11:59:01 CEST 2003] ------)
>
> while when called directly it is filled by all the right steps.

This is strange ...

>>The next debugging step could be to save the output of your first
>>pipeline as an XSLT file and to use this directly without the
>>cocoon: protocol.
>
> Did that too. And indeed when I save the output of the first pipeline and use it
> as a normal source for the second (view) pipeline it goes as wished.
>
> So I think my assumption was correct that it has to do with the use of the
> Cocoon: protocol as the src of a transformer. Have you ever by the way used it in
> this way too (Cocoon: as the src of XSLT (not XSP) via pipelines)?

Yes, what I meant is that I used an XSP to generate XSLT that was used
in a transformation step, e.g., somethink like:

<map:match pattern="my-xslt">
   <map:generate type="xsp" src="xslt.xsp"/>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="page">
   <map:generate src="page.xml"/>
   <map:transform src="cocoon:/my-xslt"/>
   <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

This worked perfectly, at least with Cocoon 2.1 M1
(I used it to prototype a transformer).

Sorry I can't help you, the only thing I could suggest is
to try it with 2.1-M1 or later if you're using 2.0.?.

Andreas