cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Arthur Allen" <arthur_al...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem with SessionAttributeSelector
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:53:38 GMT
Hi,

I'm a newbie & am having problems (among other) using the session attribute
selector
for which neither documentation nor samples exist to my knowledge.
I'm using JVM 1.4, cocoon 2.1m2 and Tomcat 4.1.24

My declaration runs as follows:

<map:selectors default="browser">
<map:selector logger="sitemap.selector.parameter" name="session-attr"
src="org.apache.cocoon.selection.SessionAttributeSelector">
</map:selector>
</map:selectors>

my code snippet runs as follows:

      <!-- activate a session if not already active -->
       <map:act type="session"/>
       <!-- determine if data set  already loaded -->
       <map:select type="session-attr">
            <map:parameter name="attribute-name" value="taxonomy.label"/>
<<<----Error
       <map:when test="{1}">
       </map:when>
       <map:otherwise>
	<!-- save label to the session taxonomy.label attribute -->
	<map:act type="session-propagator">						      <map:parameter
name="taxonomy.label" value="{1}"/>
	</map:act>
       </map:otherwise>

The following error is reported against the line marked above with <<<<
Error
No attribute named "name" is associated with the configuration element
"parameter" at file:/C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Tomcat
4.1/webapps/xbrl/xbrl.xmap:94:78

I am stumped!

As a newbie with an innocent perspective, I find the proliferation of
different
constructs perplexing and error inducing. Now that input modules are
available why not unify all selectors in a single formulation? For instance

       <map:select>
            <map:parameter name="attribute-name"
value="some-input-module:some-attribute"/>
       <map:when test="{some-input-module:some-attribute}|literal|etc..">
       </map:when>
       <map:otherwise>

This scheme would obsolete a half-dozen different constructs & improve
programmer
productivity immensely IMHO.

Thanks, Arthur