cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ed Yavno" <eya...@feedroom.com>
Subject cached cinclude doesn't work on 2.0?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:02:06 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to use the cinclude transformer on a document that has cinclude references to quite
a few large files.
The result of this transformation doesn't need to be the most up-to-date, so I'd like to use
cached cinclude (cinclude:cached-include) which would expire once a hour.

I'm following documentation for cinclude here: http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/userdocs/transformers/cinclude-transformer.html

Here are my relevant configs.

sitemap.xmap:

	<map:match pattern="rssmain_test">
		<map:generate src="docs/custom/cinclude_test_src.xml"/>
		<map:transform type="cinclude">
			<map:parameter name="expires" value="3600" />
		</map:transform>
	<map:serialize type="xml" />
	</map:match>

cinclude_test_src.xml:

	<sites xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0">
	  <cinclude:cached-include src="docs/custom/site1.xml" />
	  <cinclude:cached-include src="docs/custom/site2.xml" />
	  <cinclude:cached-include src="docs/custom/site3.xml" />
	  <cinclude:cached-include src="docs/custom/site4.xml" />
	  <cinclude:cached-include src="docs/custom/site5.xml" />
	  <cinclude:cached-include src="docs/custom/site6.xml" />
	</sites>

According to the cinclude documentation, I also need to add the following component to cocoon.xconf,
which I've done:

	 <component class="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.DefaultIncludeCacheManager"
	            role="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.IncludeCacheManager">
	 </component>

Having done that, cocoon started generating internal errors, and this what I've found in the
core.log:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.DefaultIncludeCacheManager
<stack trace here />

I didn't find org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.DefaultIncludeCacheManager nor org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.IncludeCacheManager
in cocoon 2.03, and that's the version we're using. However, they are present in the last
milestone of 2.1.
Does it mean that the documentation is 2.1 specific?
Is there a way to use cached cincludes in 2.0.3?

I built the last 2.1 milestone and tried to use DefaultIncludeCacheManager, IncludeCacheManager
and other related classes in 2.0.3 (by dropping them in WEB-INF/classes/...), but there appears
to be a lot of other dependencies.

Upgrading to 2.1.0 is not an option at the moment, so I would appreciate any suggestions on
getting cached cincludes to work with 2.0.3.

Thanks,
- Ed Y.