cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Thenot <a...@thenot.net>
Subject Re: TeX to PDF serializator
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:57:16 GMT
On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 06:37 PM, Peter Flynn wrote:

> In any case, it shouldn't be specific to LaTeX. All we need is an
> ability of Cocoon to spawn an external process and serve the result
> back to the user with a defined media type.

There's a _big_ problem with this: how do I apply a transformer
on an external process? I cant!
For your use (reading and serving), you could write a servlet
(or even use a plain web server, for that matter).

Cocoon is an *XML* publishing framework. Except for the initial
input and final output, everything MUST be XML.

I remember reading about TeXML a little while ago; I don't know
how broad it is or even if it's still alive.

A.

--
André Thénot - andre@thenot.net
p  e  a  c  e  :  p  a  i  x  :  p  a  x  :  s  h  a  l  o  m