cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Austin Tashis <austintas...@covad.net>
Subject Re: No valid JdbcConnection class available with MySQL
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 00:26:10 GMT
On Sunday, June 1, 2003, at 03:14  PM, Geoff Howard wrote:

> If it's not already, you may want to set error level to info or debug -
> you may see more information.

It is, but there are no database related messages

>> The cocoon error log just contains the same error message that's
>> displayed in the browser. Tomcat is not having a problem with the
>> database as other webapps are currently using it with no difficulty.
>
> But cocoon could be causing tomcat to log there during its startup.
> Unless you're trying to use a tomcat-managed database pool --
> that would be a different set of things to look at.

I don't see anything unusual in the logs, except that HSQLDB is
running. I had assumed it wasn't working because I couldn't connect to
it either.

>>> - the driver not being declared in web.xml
>>
>> It is.
>
> Can you paste your snippet?

     <init-param>
       <param-name>load-class</param-name>
       <param-value>
         <!-- For MySQL Driver: -->
         com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
         <!-- org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver -->
       </param-value>
     </init-param>

The one that's commented out is for the older driver. I've tried both
of them with the newer driver with the same result.

>>> - using cocoon built with jdk1.2/1.3 with jdk1.4 or vice versa
>>
>> This is a possibility. I'm pretty sure I downloaded the right one, but
>> I could be wrong--at least it's something I can double-check.
>
> Yes, check.  Which jdk are you using?

1.4.1

> I guess this also means that you're using 2.0.x, since 2.1 doesn't
> have a binary options (precisely because of problems like this
> among other reasons)

Yes, I'm using 2.0.4. If I were using 2.1 I'd probably be asking for
help getting it to build. :-/

>> Is there any trick to un-installing cocoon? I tried removing all its
>> folders from Tomcat, but when I put the new cocoon.war file in there
>> it
>> didn't do anything. :-/
>
> You may need to delete the cocoon stuff out of tomcat's work directory.

It didn't help.
--
Austin
=====