cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Geoff Howard" <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject RE: I may be wrong but...
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2003 18:57:41 GMT
You are right that properties in ant once set are not modified.  If you
look carefully the values that depend on any value are commented out in
build.properties - uncommenting them in your local copy will accomplish
exactly what is meant.

Also notice the order in which the properties are read:

    <!-- Allow users a chance to override without editing the main file -->
    <property file="${user.home}/cocoon.build.properties"/>
    <property file="local.build.properties"/>

    <!-- Get the build properties from an external file -->
    <property file="build.properties"/>

    <!-- Allow users a chance to override without editing the main file -->
    <property file="${user.home}/cocoon.blocks.properties"/>
    <property file="local.blocks.properties"/>

    <!-- Get the block properties from an external file -->
    <property file="blocks.properties"/>

So, the cocoon.build.properties in your homedirectory is loaded first,
then the local.build.properties, then build.properties.  The first one
to set the value wins, and Cocoon gives you two shots at them before
the default apply.

HTH,
Geoff