cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Yan, Charlene" <Charlene....@thomsonlearning.com>
Subject RE: Chaining pipelines --- write a file to server --- email it as an attachment -- delete the file
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:22:10 GMT
Let me try to explain my problem again.

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=MailBodyViaPipeline is only part of what I'm trying
to do. When "Send Email" button is clicked, an xml String named Foo is passed to pipeline
"processOrder" and a rtf file is generated.  Then pipeline "send" will send the rtf file as
an attachment.  "processOrder" has to happen before the "send".  I found a thread talking
about this http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=105609808514142&w=2
(pipeline dependencies).  But it is different from what I'm trying to do.  processOrder is
invoked only when <sendmail:attachment url="cocoon:///" name="processOrder"/> is called
from mail.xsp. So my question is how I can start "processOrder" pipeline and attach the result
to the "send" pipeline.  How can I chain these two pipelines together?  Or is it possible
to write the file to the server and then to get the attachment thereafter?  In either way,
I need to invoke processOrder first.

Thanks!
Charlene

<map:match pattern="send">
  <map:generate type="serverpages" src="mail.xsp" />
  <map:serialize />
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="processOrder">
     <map:generate type="stream">
       <map:parameter name="form-name" value="Foo"/>
     </map:generate>
     <map:transform src="context://stylesheets/system/simple-page2fo.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize type="fo2rtf"/>
   </map:match>

On 24.Jun.2003 -- 03:41 PM, Yan, Charlene wrote:
> When I click a "Send Email" button on the page, the application will create a rtf file
on the server, and then sendMail will send email to an email address entered by the user with
attachment of the rtf file and idealy the rtf file should be deleted from the server.

See e.g.

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=MailBodyViaPipeline

	Chris.
--