cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Yan, Charlene" <Charlene....@thomsonlearning.com>
Subject RE: jfor encoding problem
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 21:19:49 GMT
Con,

Thanks for your reply.  You are right that I should have encoding="ISO-8859-1" in the prolog.
 My current xml string doesn't have any declaration in the front.  That's causing the problem.

Thanks again!

Charlene

-----Original Message-----
From: Conal Tuohy [mailto:conalt@paradise.net.nz]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 5:05 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: jfor encoding problem

Charlene, it looks to me like your problem is not with jfor, but merely with parsing the XML
source file.

The parser thinks the French text is encoded as UTF-8, but my guess is that it actually uses
ISO-8859-1. You should either open the XML file again and save it in UTF-8 format, or add
an encoding declaration to the start of the file. e.g. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

Cheers

Con