cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nier, Nikolai" <nn...@showsoft.de>
Subject AW: Can't seem to load Firebird driver
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:32:13 GMT
> Von: Alexander Schatten

> but if there is not a very good reason
> for using Firebird, I would not recommend it.

Alex -
thank you very much! Unfortunately I will have to access an existing Firebird database via
Cocoon ... you are right, it seems that there are some severe problems with Firebird. And
in the mailing list archives I found a couple of notes that do not sound encouraging either,
e.g. problems with the SQL transformer. But it seems that others were able to connect Cocoon
to the Firebird database and then ran into problems. What bugs me is, why can't I even load
the driver class and have Cocoon run? As I said, I'm a cocoon newbie (and don't know much
about tomcat, either). But I had no problem establishing and using the Oracle DB connection
- so I wonder what I'm doing wrong with Firebird. I'm afraid it must be some silly beginner's
mistake.

Nik