cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "John Rundle" <John.Run...@acu-power.com>
Subject RE: xindice exception on startup
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 03:27:30 GMT
actually I was able to get this to work on Apache Tomcat 4.0, maybe its an out of data xml
jar file?

	-----Original Message-----
	From: John Rundle
	Sent: Wed 6/25/2003 8:18 PM
	To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
	Subject: xindice exception on startup

	I am trying to use Xindice 1.0 with Cocoon 2.0.4, on tomcat 3.2.4.  I =
	added the appropriate lines to sitemap.xmap and cocoon.xconf as =
	suggested in=20

	http://www.cocooncenter.de/cc/documents/resources/xindice/index.html <http://www.cocooncenter.de/cc/documents/resources/xindice/index.html>

	and added the xindice.jar and xml*.jar files to WEB-INF/lib

	when I startup tomcat, it gives me this exception:

	Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: =
	org/xmldb/api/base/Co
	nfigurable
	        at =
	java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:11
	1)
	        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:248)
	        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
	        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:286)
	        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)
	        at =
	java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:11
	1)
	        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:248)
	        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
	        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:286)
	        at =
	org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveClassL
	oader.java:446)
	        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)
	        at =
	org.apache.cocoon.components.source.XMLDBSourceFactory.configure(XMLD
	BSourceFactory.java:119)
	        at =
	org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceHandlerImpl.init(SourceHand
	lerImpl.java:236)
	        at =
	org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceHandlerImpl.configure(Sourc
	eHandlerImpl.java:119)
	        at =
	org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInst
	ance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:264)
	        at =
	org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentHandler.doGet(D
	efaultComponentHandler.java:126)
	        at =
	org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ComponentHandler.get(ComponentH
	andler.java:234)
	        at =
	org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.looku
	p(ExcaliburComponentManager.java:262)
	        at =
	org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.lookup(CocoonComp
	onentManager.java:235)
	        at =
	org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory$Compone
	ntManagerProxy.lookup(DefaultComponentFactory.java:393)
	        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.compose(Handler.java:129)
	        at =
	org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.createHandler(Manager.java:236)
	        at =
	org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.configure(SitemapManager.jav
	a:135)

	Any Idea what Im forgetting, Im sure its something simple. I will try it =
	on another machine with Tomcat 4.0 and the CVS version of Cocoon =
	tonight, but I would really like to get it working with 3.2.4.  Thanks

	John