cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Austin Tashis <austintas...@covad.net>
Subject Re: No valid JdbcConnection class available with MySQL
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 02:53:17 GMT
On Sunday, June 1, 2003, at 09:19  PM, Geoff Howard wrote:

> Are the samples still in tact (I assume they are since this
> is binary dist)?  If so, can you confirm that the database
> samples (which use hsql) are working, or do you get the
> same error?  If so, I'd guess that you may be using a
> jdk 1.2/3 version of the excalibur database package.

I don't remember what the error was, but I never did manage to get the
HSQLDB examples to work before, but I didn't worry too much about it
because I needed to get JDBC working anyway.

Anyway, I finally got the newer version to install and copied all the
files I'd changed into it, and now it's WORKING! Both the HSQLDB
examples and the MySQL example. So it must have been the JDK 1.3
version I'd been using. Good call.

> Do a directory listing of your WEB-INF/lib - any jdk dependant
> jars should give some clue as to which version they are.

Now that I've got both versions here, I don't see any way to tell the
two apart by inspecting the .jar files in WEB-INF/lib. It might be a
good idea to write up a FAQ and make the two lib versions available for
download. It would sure be easier to replace the lib directory than try
to reinstall Cocoon. That was a real pain!

Thanks very much for your help, and Scott too. You've been very helpful.
--
Austin
=====