cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Austin Tashis <austintas...@covad.net>
Subject No valid JdbcConnection class available with MySQL
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 13:31:18 GMT
I'm just getting started with Cocoon and trying to get the database
connectivity part working with MySQL. I set up the database, set up the
configurations in web.xml and cocoon.conf and installed the MySQL
driver, but when I try to run it I get the following error:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not
get the datasource
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.NoValidConnectionException: No
valid JdbcConnection class available

I do have the driver in the WEB-INF/lib folder. I've tried two
different versions (mm.mysql-2.0.12-bin.jar and
mysql-connector-java-3.0.6-stable-bin.jar), both of which work with
other Tomcat webapps on the same machine.

I have also checked to see if there is a JdbcConnection class in the
classpath, and found it to be in the same jar file as the
NoValidConnectionException class that is returning the error, so I
really can't see how the JdbcConnection class could be unavailable.

If I enter the wrong password in the datasource description in
cocoon.xconf, I get an "Invalid authorization specification" error
instead. It seems to me that in order to get this type of error, cocoon
must be talking to the database, but that would be impossible if it had
no valid JdbcConnection class, right? Or am I misunderstanding how
these things work?

I'm running this on Mac OS X, 10.2.6, JDK 1.4.1, MySQL 4.0.12, Cocoon
2.0.4, Tomcat 4.1.18, Apache 1.3.27.
--
Austin
====