cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: install cocoon 2.1-m2 on tomcat 4.1.24
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:32:00 GMT
At 09:36 AM 6/27/2003, you wrote:
>Geoff,
>
>I think you misunderstood my mail, I *DON'T* have a copy of
>xmlParserAPIs.jar in the tomcat common/endorsed directory.

Ah, sorry - I thought the situation was reversed.

>However I just found the problem, inspired by some info from the link
>you mention.  The problem was that the start menu items for
>starting/stoping tomcat didn't use the startup or shutdown scripts and
>hence java.endorsed.dirs wasn't being set and therefore the incorrect
>jars were being referenced.

Ok, let me make sure I understand this one: so you installed tomcat on
windows and when using the windows icons installed for starting and
stopping tomcat, you find that they don't set the endorsed dir in the
same way as the shell script?  That would be a useful thing to keep in
mind and may well be unintentional on their part.  If that's the case,
it would be worth submitting a bug and patch to them to see if they
want to correct that for future releases?

Geoff