cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: No valid JdbcConnection class available with MySQL
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:24:39 GMT
At 01:39 PM 6/2/2003, you wrote:
>On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 07:47  AM, Geoff Howard wrote:
>
>>Not even by the name of the jar?  For instance, in 2.0.x for jdk1.4 the
>>excalibur datasource
>>jar is called excalibur-datasource-vm14-20021121.jar.  The vm14 stands
>>for "virtual machine version 1.4"  and I think the other is called *vm12*.
>
>You're right. I don't know how I missed that. That's the only one that's
>different though. Does that mean the rest of the libraries are the same?
>It would sure have been a lot easier to swap one .jar file than to
>reinstall Cocoon.

I'm not certain but don't think that it's the only difference.  It should
be the only different jar in the lib directory - but at various points
there has been conditional compilation in the cocoon classes
themselves.  It wasn't always so, and I don't think it's so now (in 2.1
HEAD).  If you're curious though, I'd love to find out what happens if you
take that route!

Geoff