cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Erwin van der Koogh" <vdko...@apache.org>
Subject NullPointerException with action-sets
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 07:59:50 GMT
Hello guys, Brand new to cocoon, I have only been playing around with it
for about aweek, but already made quite some progress in getting up a small sample
app to get to know Cocoon.I am having a small problem with getting
action-sets towork though. I am
using Cocoon 2.1m2 on a Debian/testing box with standard 1.3 Blackdown
JDK.
Everything, including all samples work fine and the sample app that I am
writing works with mainly tries to do standard db stuff works as well if I
code it as show in the mod-db samples. When I try to take the actions out
of the pipeline and put it into an action-set as show in the action
documentation it fails with a NullPointerException when I try to do
anything. I have copied the stack trace below to not clutter up space
here.
This is the working code I have:    <map:match pattern="iets">
     <map:act type="req-params">
       <map:parameter name="parameters" value="add-album Album.name
       Album.parent_id"/>       <map:act type="db-add">
         <map:parameter name="table-set" value="Album"/>
       </map:act>
     </map:act>
     <map:redirect-to uri="show_images"/>
   </map:match> when I try to do something like this it fails:
   <map:action-sets>    <map:action-set name="album-add">
      <map:act type="req-params">
        <map:parameter name="parameters" value="add-album Album.name
        Album.parent_id"/>        <map:act type="db-add">
          <map:parameter name="table-set" value="Album"/>
        </map:act>
      </map:act>
    </map:action-set>
    <map:action-set name="gallery-actions">
      <map:act type="session-invalidator" action="logoff"/>
      <map:act type="session-validator"/>
      <map:act type="album-add" action="addAlbum"/>
    </map:action-set>
  </map:action-sets>    <map:match pattern="iets">
     <map:act set="gallery-actions"/>
     <map:redirect-to uri="show_images"/>
   </map:match> Now is there something I missed in the documentation? Is
   it not possibleto nest parameters in an action within an action-set?
Thanks, Erwin Exception thrown: Original Exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException        at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.CategoryNodeBuilder.getNamedNode(CategoryNodeBuilder.java:121)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActNodeBuilder.linkNode(ActNodeBuilder.java:113)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.linkNodes(DefaultTreeBuilder.java:371)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SitemapLanguage.linkNodes(SitemapLanguage.java:346)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.build(DefaultTreeBuilder.java:435)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.DefaultTreeBuilder.build(DefaultTreeBuilder.java:391)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.setupRootNode(TreeProcessor.java:438)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:319)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:307)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNode.java:133)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:164)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:162)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:162)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:325)
              at
        org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:307)
        at
        org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1139)
        at
        org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:360)         at
        org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:294)
              at
        org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:558)
 at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1714)
        at
        org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext.java:507)
              at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1664)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:775)
        at
        org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:939)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:792)
        at
        org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:201)
   at
            org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:289)        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:455)