cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [Error] Sendmail Logicsheet and Cinclude
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:52:07 GMT
whump@mac.com wrote:
> I've been stumbling the past couple of days through the sendmail
> logicsheet and sendmail actions in 2.1-M1.
>
> Here's what I'm trying to do:
>
> Include generated content (i.e. content produced by a pipeline) into the
> body of an email sent by sendmail action or logicsheet.

This is possible only by using the util logicsheet.

> The sendmail action has been a deadend, so I've looked at the sendmail
> logicsheet. Below is mail.xsp, my attempt to implement sending a message

Both share the same code, so if one does not work, the other is unlikely
to do better. However, mind sharing why the action didn't work out?

> body created by a pipeline. Please note that I have defined the
> necessary namespaces in the xsp:page element:

>       <sendmail:body>The results of processing the pipeline triggered at
>        the uri: workPlanning/contents. are below.<br/>
>        <!-- NB: the request below has been tested and works when called
>             directly -->
>     <cinclude:include src="cocoon://workPlanning/contents"
>                       element="included" />
>     </sendmail:body>

This does not work as it adds the result of the inclusion to the SAX
stream _directed_at_the_client_ while you need to have it as e.g. string
to pass to sendmail.

The "correct" solution is to use <sendmail:attachment
url="cocoon://workPlanning/contents"/> to pull in the generated content.
AFAIR you could as well do <xsp:expr><util:get-source
uri="cocoon://workPlanning/contents"/></xsp:expr>

> I'd appreciate some assistance with this. Once I've found my way around
> this problem, I'll write up a how-to for the cocoondev.org wiki.

Deal!

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l