cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: XMLType in Oracle9.2i
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:40:20 GMT
Majcen, Kurt wrote:

>Hi,
>
>has anyone already used the 'get-xml' from esql taglib with the ORACLE9.2i datatype XMLType?
>
>We are working with Cocoon 2.0.3. We have already used the CLOB datatype and their everything
works fine with get-xml (i.e. we receive the content and can display it after a transformation).
After changing to XMLType which better fits our needs we no longer get results for the XML
but as we select more columns we see that results are returned (i.e. the non XML containing
columns can be visualised).

 You can use either  CLOB storage or DOM fidelity storage of 9i XMLType,
then if you create an XMLType table like this:

CREATE TABLE po_tab OF XMLTYPE
      XMLSCHEMA "http://www.oracle.com/PO.xsd" ELEMENT "PurchaseOrder";

  you can get the row values using an SQL like this:
    select value(p).getClobVal() as col_alias from po_tab p;

  If you have a column of type XMLType the rule are the same:
   select p.my_col.getClobVal as col_alias from my_tab p;

>tia, Kurt

  Best regards, Marcelo.

--
Marcelo F. Ochoa - mochoa@ieee.org