cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: xml/xsl transform working, but fails thru cocoon?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:53:39 GMT
Paul Tomsic wrote:
> Hi, we can't seem to make a transformation work when
> retrieving the data from a SQL source.
> We do get the XML back correctly, but when it's
> displayed as PDF, everything is blank.

You don't have a layout master set, but this may be a result
of the snipping, and there is nothing else which is obviously
wrong.

Are there any interesting error messages in the Cocoon logs
or in the stdout/stderr of the servlet container?
You can also temporarily replace the pdf serializer with an
XML serializer, save the generated FO document to disk and
run it through a recent FOP command line.

> Perhaps there's something that we're missing w/r/t the
> way the namespaces are followed inside cocoon, but
> below is our sitemap.xmap, the xml before the
> transform and the XSL.

The XML before the transform is only of much interest if you
post the full XSL, otherwise nobody can actually try to
reproduce your problem.

J.Pietschmann