cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: TeX to PDF serializator
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:08:50 GMT
To make it short:

A TeXSerializer with a transformer delivering TeX text is not possible.

You must have SAX events in a pipe, not text. So the only option is a
TeXSerializer understanding XSL FO or a XML representation of TeX. But
this would already be very near to FOP.
Of course you can encapsulate the XSL FO to TeX transformation in the
serializer and feed the result directly into a TeXProcessor, but I don't
know whether this is a good approach. But it really doesn't seem to make
sense, adding a further transformation step for using legacy processor
as far you have to code the further transformation step. IMO it's better
to support developers of XSL FO processors like FOP.

Joerg